Before
After
Fitting cowls on a three story
property


​As a member of the National Association of Chimney Sweeps and a HETAS approved sweep/installer, I am qualified to give you advice on all aspects of your chimney, appliance and installation. All work is carried out in a clean and tidy manner, fully insured and in line with the Codes of Practice laid down by NACS and HETAS.

Work carried out:

  • Sweeping all types of flues
  • Pre installation sweeps
  • Vermin nest removal
  • Smoke testing
  • Carbon Monoxide alarms supplied and fitted
  • Vents fitted
  • Cowls fitted
  • Chimney repairs
  • CCTV inspection


Traditional brush and rod or power sweeping.
Insurance Company approved certificate issued after every sweep.

HOW OFTEN SWEEP?

Chimneys with solid fuel burning appliances:

  • Smokeless fuel at least once a year
  • House coal at least twice a year
  • Wood quarterly when in use


Chimneys with gas or oil appliances:

  • Once a year


WHY SWEEP?

  • Reduce risk of chimney fire
  • Prevent blockages which could lead to CARBON MONOXIDE poisoning
  • Help appliance to burn fuel more efficiently
  • Regular maintenance, inspection and proof of (an approved chimney sweeping certificate) is a manufacturers’ warranty requirement for liners and prefabricated chimney systems


Carbon Monoxide is the result of incomplete combustion and can occur in any Wood, Coal, Oil or Gas burning appliance where there is an
inadequate supply of oxygen.

Carbon Monoxide (CO) is the most dangerous product of incomplete combustion because it is tasteless, colourless and odourless.

Carbon Monoxide absorption impairs mental ability, causing near collapse before awareness. As little as 0.04% (400 part per million) over a 3 hour period could have fatal consequences. Young children are especially vulnerable to the effects of Carbon Monoxide because of their smaller bodies.

Many people associate Carbon Monoxide with gas appliances but the truth is that any fuel which burns creates Carbon Monoxide.

In the UK on average 200 people will die needlessly or become seriously ill from this type of poisoning each year.

Click on the image to download your ‘HEAT YOUR HOME SAFELY’ leaflet


SYMPTOMS OF CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING


At the first sign of "smoking back" from a solid fuel appliance :

  • Open all doors and windows
  • Vacate the room immediately
  • If smoke can be smelt or seen in other rooms, get out of the house
  • Do not attempt to enter until the fire has burnt out or been extinguished

A clean chimney is a safe chimney

.